Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
gender equality is changing “you can’t hit a girl” to “don’t fucking hit anyone how could you possibly think that’s acceptable in the first place”
What's so bad about periods
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
I would like to add:
- No one tells you that severe physical and/or mental distress is unnecessary and possibly a symptom of serious medical conditions.
- Like seriously, no one.
- Your own mother will tell you to take some painkillers and get on with your life.
- Your health teacher will tell you it’s normal.
- It’s not normal. If any other bodily system caused you crippling pain and debilitating mood swings, you’d get your ass to the doctor immediately.
- Of course, once you do go talk to a doctor about it, chances are right-wingers will want to deny you access to the medicine that will make your life easier because in a lot of cases that’ll be the same drugs as prevent pregnancy.
- If you complain as a teenager you’ll probably be brushed off with some bullshit excuse about “everyone’s cycle is different” because you’re young and (presumed) female and therefore assumed stupid and naive and by the time you’ve got the power to do something about it the stupid excuses have been hammered into your head for so long you probably believe them.
Page 1 of 195